Frequently Asked Questions

How do I purchase or lease a Unit? All Units are individually owned. Neither the Association, nor its directors or officers, sell or lease Units. This is the sole responsibility of Unit Owners. 


Who maintains the amenities? The Association is responsible and pays for maintenance of common areas like the pool, spa, fitness center, sauna, clubhouse, and the tennis and basketball courts. You can enjoy these areas without the hassle of maintenance. The related costs are part of your monthly COA operating assessments.

Who is responsible for the buildings, roofs, and siding? The Association maintains the outside of buildings as well as roofs, siding, and gutters. The related costs are part of your monthly reserve assessments.

What maintenance to my Unit is my responsibility? Interior maintenance from stud to stud, excluding smoke detectors. See Resident Forms for more smoke detector information. Owners are also responsible for doors, windows, electrical, and mechanical systems serving the interior of their Unit.

Does the Association provide any pest control? Yes, termite prevention and interior pest control. The Association does not provide mosquito control. See Resident Forms for more pest control information.


Do I have the right to use the amenities if I am a non-resident Owner? No. Only Residents may use the amenities. All Owner’s rights to use amenities are fully transferred to the Resident upon lease of their Unit.

Can I reserve the amenities for exclusive use or a party? No. The amenities are not available for exclusive events, and are open to all residents during normal hours of operation, unless otherwise posted. All amenities are for residents and guests only. While visiting the amenities, residents are allowed 8 guests per Unit and must accompany them at all times. 


Will I be responsible for any landscaping? Condo living means no yard work. The Association maintains all landscaped areas and owns the related plants, shrubs and mulch. Regulating the appearance and consistency of common areas protects the aesthetic of the Property and the value of Units.

Can I landscape around my Unit? No. If you like to do yard work, you will not be able to modify the landscaping outside your Unit. However, the Landscaping Policy does allow for potted plants. And, the Landscape Committee welcomes volunteers who want to help maintain the landscaping. Please see the policy for the regulations of potted plants as well as decorations, bird feeders, etc.


How do I get gate access? Residents must fill out the Gate Registration form to be added to the gate system. All gate control by residents is solely by key fob or remote. Entry codes are not available to residents. See Gate Entry under Amenities for guest access information.

How do I get a key fob or gate remote to access the gate and/or the amenities? Visit the on-site office. Contact the CAM to make other arrangements, if office hours are not convenient for you. Key fobs can be purchased for $35 and gate remotes for $50. The only payment accepted is check made payable to The Greens Condominiums at West End. Cash is not accepted. Only three key fobs per Unit allowed. Tenants cannot purchase either without approval from their Owner.

Does the Association have access to Units? It is the responsibility of all Unit Owners to deliver a set of keys for their Unit to the Association. Unit keys are utilized for Property emergencies only. The Association does not enter Units for smoke detectors or pest control without a resident or designated person present. Review the Access to Units policy for more information. 


Can I park my trailer, boat or RV in a parking spot? No. Parking is not allowed for oversized vehicles, trailers, boats, or RV’s without prior written approval from the CAM. Every Unit has one reserved parking spot in front of the garage. Please read the parking rules in the Rules & Regulations.

How many cars may I register with the Association? Each Unit is allowed up to three registered vehicles. Please read the parking rules in the Rules & Regulations.

Assessments and Dues

What are my dues? Dues are calculated annually by the budget committee and approved by the Board. They consist of annual operating costs and reserve costs which represent the annual contributions to the reserve fund for the estimated cost of material deferred maintenance and asset replacement over time. These two types of dues are shown on the annual budget that is posted in the Owners Portal by Unit size and paid as one monthly payment.

How do I pay my dues? Dues can be paid by bank account, debit or credit card; bill pay through your bank; by dropping your check into the onsite dropbox at the mail kiosk or delivering it to the office during office hours; mailing a check to 13200 W Newberry Road, Suite 203, Newberry, FL 32669, or via the ComWeb Portal by bank account, debit or credit card for a nominal fee. Please review the Collection Policy for more information on the collection of all assessments, fines, and late fees.

Will my monthly dues increase? Dues can vary from year to year. Every year the Association requests volunteers to form a budget committee to propose the following year’s operating and reserve budgets.

Can I deduct money from my dues if an amenity is closed? No. Dues are set for the year. Common area costs may actually increase, or not abate, when an amenity is closed due to needed repairs.

Are special assessments needed for maintenance? While there is no guarantee of future requirements, the Association can proudly say no special assessments have ever been assessed to cover any expenses. The reserve budget is set to cover deferred maintenance and replacement costs according to the reserve study and vendor prices. Every Unit is charged 1/12 monthly for the annual portion of operating and reserve costs allocated pro rata based on the square footage of that Unit, regardless of when the maintenance is completed or costs incurred.

What is a reserve study? A reserve study serves as a comprehensive, long-term capital budget planning tool designed for condominium associations. It offers strategic guidance and conducts a thorough analysis of community assets and material deferred expenses. The initial reserve study involves an onsite inspection and a detailed examination of the reserve fund status. This process establishes a prioritized schedule of capital improvement projects and a 30-year reserve funding plan to finance them. Additionally, periodic reserve study updates, typically every 3 to 5 years, play a crucial role in helping associations maintain an accurate forecast of future expenditures and ensure the availability of adequate reserve funds when needed.


What do you mean by restrictions? The Governing Documents of the Association dictate what you can and cannot do. For example; curtains, blinds, shutters, levelors, or draperies (or linings thereof), which face the exterior windows or glass doors of Units shall be white or off white in color. The Unit temperature must be kept between 50 – 78 °F at all times. Similarly, no more than 2 pets are permitted per Unit. All Owners and their Tenants agree to abide by the Governing Documents when purchasing or leasing a Unit. Please review the Governing Documents including the Rules & Regulations, and policies under Docs & Rules prior to purchasing or leasing a Unit.

Can I modify my Unit? Yes, but there are restrictions. Association approval may be obtained by submitting an Exterior Modification Request. County permitting is required for any structural, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing modification as well. Copies of all permits must be provided to the Association. Please review the policies for Unit security cameras, screen doors, floor coating of limited common area, enclosed porches, and french doors. Contact the CAM for more information.

What happens when I violate a restriction? Please review the Enforcement – Imposing Fines Policy for the procedures for issuing violations and imposing fines.

Can I place a sign in my windows or outside my Unit? Please review Declaration §17.11 (page 40) for strict limitations on permitted signs.

Can I hear the neighbors? Condo living can mean less privacy and more noise. Since we have shared walls, a noisy neighbor or barking dog can be an issue. Fortunately, these are not common problems, and the CAM can step in when situations become problematic. Condo living does require residents to be considerate of their neighbors.

New Owners and Tenants

Registration is required upon purchasing or leasing a Unit, or whenever there is a change to your registration information.